Enrolments – 3 Year Old Program
Am I eligible to apply for the 3 Year Old Kindergarten program?
To be eligible for the 3 year old program, your child must turn 3 by January 31 in the year they attend Pre-School.
Your enrolment application will be accepted by the Pre-School from the time your child turns 2 years of age.
How do I apply for a position in the 3 Year Old program at Farm Road?
Applications for the 3 year old program may be submitted via the form in the link below:
3 year old Application Form Farm Rd Kinder
Attending 3 Year Old Kinder at Farm Road Pre-School does NOT automatically guarantee a place in our 4 Year Old Kinder program.
Applications for 4 Year Old Sessional Kinder must be made via the City of Kingston Central Enrolment Scheme from the 1st of May in the year prior to attending 4 Year Old Kinder.
The selection criteria used if there are more applications than places available are as follows:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and children known to Child Protection.
- Children who were eligible to attend in the previous year but deferred, withdrew from the service on or before the last day of Term 1 in the previous year, or are repeating 3 Year Old Pre-School.
- Children whose immediate families reside or work in the City of Kingston.
What is the enrolment process?
- Fill in the application form via the link above;
- Lodge your application, along with the non-refundable application fee (as specified on the application form) to the Farm Road Pre-School;
- The Pre-School will acknowledge receipt of your application within 1 month;
- The Enrolment Officer will order all applications by date received, and apply the selection criteria;
- Kindergarten allocations will commence in July/August in the year before Kinder – the Enrolment Officer will send out letters of offer to those who have been allocated a position;
- Families will have the opportunity to accept or decline a position. If a position is declined, or not accepted within a reasonable timeframe*, the next family on the waiting list will be offered the position;
- Offers are made until all available positions** are filled.
* The Pre-School will make all reasonable attempts to contact the applicant before an offer is rescinded.
** The number of positions available each year are subject to change.
Want more information on the Farm Road Enrolment Policy?
Contact the Farm Road Preschool on 9584 2328 or email@example.com